Title

Follow us on our journey through the last few months of pregnancy and our first days with our baby boy (due 2/15/11)

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Due Date Come.... Due Date Gone....

WARNING: This will be slightly rant-ish....

Tuesday WAS my due date... and I'm slightly confused with why some people can't grasp the concept of having it pass, without a baby to show for it. A parent at school who asked when I was due, responded and said, "oh, next Tuesday?" No. This past Tuesday. The one that already happened. The perplexed look said it all.... I've been getting "you're still here!" at work for weeks... and as much as I would love to just stop working, I only get 6 (or 8) weeks from the day I get into the hospital.

I signed up for the "What to Expect When You're Expecting" emails back in June when we first found out, and they were great. They WERE great. Example: your baby is the size of a mango this week, what to pack in your hospital bag, things for the father-to-be to avoid saying while you're in labor. All great emails with tons of good information. What email do I get this week? "What to expect from your 1 week old at home." Thanks a lot.

Anyway - if Peanut decides not to join us this weekend - Friday is a full moon (that's Ben's guess), Saturday my father-in-law arrives (flying into Raleigh), Saturday is the Orient/Arsenal game... I'm going to work Monday (its an early release snow day make-up) and then taking Tuesday to relax. Pedicure, laundry, cleaning, napping.... because Tuesday at 8pm I head in to be induced. If it gets to that point, I will be having an epidural (otherwise, I'm going sans), and will likely have the baby Wednesday morning. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment