Title

Follow us on our journey through the last few months of pregnancy and our first days with our baby boy (due 2/15/11)

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The little things....

Realizing I am the only one in the house that doesn't snore (outnumbered 3:1 now), I'm taking a little time to reflect on the immensity (is that a word?) of the last, well, year of my life. Deep, I know. I think it's because this is honestly the first quiet 15 minutes I've had alone in a while...

A little over a year ago, Ben and I decided that we wanted to start a family. I guess I've taken for granted how lucky we are to have Oliver in our life today. He is healthy, he is happy (most of the time!), and he is loved. There are so many deserving people in the world, some we know, others we will never know, who are not blessed in the same way as we are. And I can come to only one conclusion: what makes us worthy of this gift? Those of you who know me will know that I am not an overly religious person, which is a very strange thing for North Carolina, but having a child, looking at your baby's feet make you really think about the fact that there is something bigger than us. We are not better than any one else, but we have him, and others would give anything to experience the same.

Ben and I both cried hysterically when we heard Oliver cry for the first time almost five weeks ago, and we find ourselves looking at him at the oddest times... thinking to ourselves "wow, we made him" or contemplating the fact that somehow each and every part of him is perfect, and just where it needs to be.


When I was pregnant, I read somewhere that you will never know how much your parents love you until you have a child of your own. It couldn't be more true.

The cries at 2:00 am are worth getting up for and the diapers don't seem that bad...


No comments:

Post a Comment