Title

Follow us on our journey through the last few months of pregnancy and our first days with our baby boy (due 2/15/11)

Friday, July 1, 2011

I'm a terrible blogger

Oliver - 3 1/2 months (just before we left NC)
I LOVE this picture.

Now that we're up in Connecticut, and more or less settled into our lovely little cottage (pictures to come if I can manage it!), I realize that I haven't really updated any of this - not that more than just my parents read it :)

I've joined Stroller Strides, yup, that's right, officially part of the stroller-pushing, lunging, mom brigade power walking around downtown Ridgefield. There are some really nice people in it, some adorable babies, and I've enjoyed the resistance training - because the cardio I'm fine with doing on my own, it's the other "stuff" that I don't get around to independently. (Those of you mums and soon-to-be mums should look into it - it's well worth it!)

Last Sunday, Ben set me up with a few women from the club who run, my "running date" as I call it went pretty well. We did 5 miles in about 48", not bad for my first non-stroller run in 6 months! :) I'm hoping to run with them every Sunday morning, and then once during the week - possibly Wednesday or Thursday, with the stroller along the 2.5 mile out and back sidewalk on Main Street. Weather pending, obviously...

I also went to the chiropractor the other day for the first time in, oh, 3 years, thanks to the receptionist for telling me exactly how long it had been. I feel like a totally new person. I'm pretty sure that my old neighbors in NC could hear the cracks come out of my back, neck, hips, and shoulders they were SO loud!

Hope everyone has a Happy 4th of July and enjoys some Wimbledon tennis - not tomorrow, though, if Sharapova loses more than 4 games it's an embarrassment. Oliver and I are headed to my grandma's to watch the Men's final on Sunday, VAMOS RAFA!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment