Follow us on our journey through the last few months of pregnancy and our first days with our baby boy (due 2/15/11)

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Updates... a few of them...

Update #1: We went swimming!

We've been trying to get to a pool for weeks now, but just haven't made it. This time (7/10) it was for my cousin, David's graduation party. Lots of our family came, including a few people who hadn't met Oliver yet. He spit up on one, peed on another (nice), and was relatively well behaved in front of everyone else. He didn't cry or anything in the water, until it was time to come out. I don't imagine the wet, heavy diaper was too comfortable.

Update #2: Ben and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary on Monday (7/11)

My mom offered to babysit, so we took her up on it! Ben and I enjoyed our second time out (first was for Daphne's wedding in May), but our first dinner alone since Oliver's birth in February. We went to the Tarry Lodge in Port Chester, NY. Which is now owned by Joe Bastianich and Mario Batali (think Iron Chef with bright orange crocs), and our dinner was amazing. I had a salad with white bean dressing, grilled salmon and green beans, and the BEST marscarpone cheesecake in the world. Ben had smoked fish (can't remember what kind) with fennel, orange and olives, skirt steak, and the richest chocolate cake I've ever tasted. He could only eat half. Wow, this is making me hungry! We headed home, I fed him from 10:30-11 and we crashed.

Which leads into Update #3: Oliver has SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!!!!

The first time was after our anniversary dinner, and I could have sworn it was pure luck, or a great gift to both of us. Ben and I were going through what it could have been. No Stella making noise, curtains on the windows, going to bed at 8:30 instead of 7:30, being in the Pack N Play not the crib, carpet around and not hardwood floors... any and everything we could 'blame' it on, we did.
But, then, he did it again last night. Although both nights I've woken up to check on him, he's slept till 6 or 6:30 am! It has thrown his feeding schedule off a bit, seeing as he now misses a 2am feed, or sometimes more than that.... but I'm fine with eating every 3 or 3 1/2 hours if it means 6+ hours straight of sleep! Haven't had that since before I was pregnant! Thank you, O!

More updates to come later. For now, fingers crossed for continued sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment