Title

Follow us on our journey through the last few months of pregnancy and our first days with our baby boy (due 2/15/11)

Sunday, May 8, 2011

My First Mother's Day...

This is the smile that makes me LOVE being a mum.


Happy Mother's Day to my mom, my step-mom, my grandmom and all the other fab moms out there :) Also, shout out to my cousins/step-sisters/friends who will become moms in 2011!

We had a lovely day today, although the weather wasn't ideal. We slept until 7:30, little man ate, we walked Stella and headed to brunch at Panera with Ben's mom. I got a chocolate chip bagel with cream cheese and a Chai Tea Latte (mmmmmm.) Afterwards, we headed to my favorite place on that side of town - Target. Where I splurged on two dresses (that actually fit!) for Amie's graduation and Daphne's wedding. I exchanged the adorable striped outfit Ben bought for a larger one, and got some other cute baby clothes - his first pair of overalls!

My amazing husband had left me two cards, the outfit, and a gift certificate for a massage in the dresser drawer - what a sweetie. Can't wait for the massage in a few weeks!

We played, we napped, we skyped with Ben, my mom, my dad, we walked Stella... all in all, a lovely day if you ask me! I used to love weekends. Now, I think that's an understatement. I'm obsessed with them. Here's to making it through another 5-day work week.....



"When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child." ~Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty

“If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?” - Milton Berle

No comments:

Post a Comment